Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hello All,

Time to express some thoughts that have been bouncing around in my mind for a while. I like face book, it helps me keep up with not so near (distance) friends and relatives. Have you ever looked at the right and left of the comments part of face books home area? There's hardly a thing there that isn't aimed at distracting people from looking at the real world.  Have you ever listened to people talk in a mall or at a resort or a ball game. "March of Honor" posts things about the best of america. Our service men and women. I read her posts every day that I can. She has her priorities straight. She shows a concern for the men and women that are defending freedom and liberty over seas. I feel as she does because of my time in the Army and in the first Gulf War. Until I looked into East Germany and watched the oppression of communism, and spent some time in the gulf watching Sadam Hussain's actions. I hear teenagers moaning about how their life will end if they don't get certain cloths or music or can't make it to the opening night of some movie. Sadly I hear adults that sound very much like these teens. I do it sometimes. I really hate that most people are more concerned with entertainment than the assault on our freedoms that is happening as you read this. There are hero's around us and all over the world. Service men and women, piece officers (notice I didn't say "law enforcement"), firemen and women, those who's live's are dedicated to serving others needs not wants. I'm guilty at times of these same faults. I believe a person needs some humor and relaxation. I just don't think entertainment (the greatest distraction from reality) should be a persons sole goal.

The assault on our freedom is coming from a hundred directions, I'll list a few of them. You can add more.

Politicians that trample the constitution
Anyone that tells you you deserve something
National media that lie for a cause
Organizations that champion a single cause to the point of idiocy
People that are to lazy to study laws that their congressmen are passing (being busy isn't an excuse)
People that think others owe them a living
Officials that stretch their authority
Unions that think people that put a nut on a bolt is skilled labor
Empire building corporations and organizations

I hope this helps you to think. Do your actions daily mean anything? What will someone other than your family think your headstone should say?

More later, maybe even soon. I don't say these things to portray myself as an example of the perfect american. I'm learning, I hope you do to.

No comments: